IT’S 2017! LET’S DO THIS.
2016 was rough, but I managed to accomplish 6/10 of my blogging resolutions. This year, I’m widening my resolutions to include blogging, reading, and writing. We’ll see if I can accomplish them.
1. Post three times a week. This is a constant goal of mine that I struggled with in 2016, but that I want to bring back for 2017.
2. Write more discussion posts that I’m proud of. I accomplished this in 2016, but I want to push myself even further.
3. Be more consistent with Top Ten Tuesday posts. This fell apart at the end of 2016, but they are honestly so much fun to read and write.
4. Stay up on my reviews, and make sure I actually have fun while writing them.
5. Make my reviews more thorough, including calling out problematic things I notice and including trigger warnings.
5. Keep making 52 Letters my own, especially with adding some more personal posts and working on my graphics.
1. Read 60 books. Last year I read about 55, the year before, about 70, so 60 seems like a good goal. I want to push myself without stressing myself.
2. Read more diverse books, especially ones by marginalized authors and #ownvoices books. Hopefully at least one a month
3. Never take longer than 2 weeks to read a book. After that, the book is kind of dead to me, and I just need to move on.
1. Edit my WIP and get it to a place where other people can actually read it.
2. Bring back Hell and Styx, my short story series. I’ll need something to write while editing my novel.
3. Work on my short stories and poetry. One of my main regrets is that I did not do this in 2016.
4. Just keep writing.
What are your goals for 2017? Are there any I should add to my list?