Hi everyone! As 2016 (finally) ends, I wanted to look back at what I accomplished as a blogger and as a writer this year. To see my favorite books of 2016, you can see my reading recap from yesterday.
2016 was both a great year for blogging and a rough one. With second semester of junior year and first semester of senior year, it was easily the busiest year of my life so far. I blogged less in 2016 than I did in 2015, but I wrote more posts that I’m proud of. I think my book reviews are getting better, and I pushed myself to write more honest, emotional discussion posts.
Here are the goals I made for myself for 2016, as well as if I accomplished them.
1. Post three times a week. ~ about 50% successful
2. Read 75 books. ~ Loool, no. I only read
3. Use better graphics consistently. ~ Yep.
4. More discussion posts. ~ Yeah, actually.
5. Write reviews directly after I finish a book. ~ Yes…ish.
6. Interact more with the blogging community. ~ Sure.
7. Start doing readathons. ~ Lol, no.
8. Get back into Weekend Words. ~ Not even a little.
9. Increase the writing focus of 52 Letters. ~ Nope.
10. Have fun. ~ Always.
All in all, about 6/10 is pretty good.
Blogging, Writing, and Life News
1. In March, I redesigned 52 Letters. I am still using that design that I created and am still 110% in love with it.
2. In April, 52 Letters turned 2!
3. In May and June, I took part in two University of Iowa International Writing Program #Flashwrite Poetry MOOCs and discovered how much I love poetry.
4. I started a bookstagram account (@52lettersinthealphabet)! (And then senior year started and it died…whoops.)
5. In June, I decided to start over with my WIP. Over summer break, that draft went from zero words to nearly 62,000 words!
6. In November, I created a review directory for 52 Letters.
7. 52 Letters reached 600 followers! Thank you all SOOOO much!
8. In December, I finished my WIP! It took me just over six months and is 99,800 words. It is the fastest I have ever finished a draft of a novel, and (I think) the best thing I’ve ever written. It still needs a lot of work, but that’s 2017’s problem.
9. Today, I turn 18 and officially become an adult! I’m half excited, half terrified.
Top Ten Tuesdays
How was your blogging 2016? Which posts are you most proud of? What are your plans for 2017?