Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and The Bookish. Every week, they post a new Top Ten topic and other bloggers respond with their own lists.
This week’s topic was hard for me. I usually connect with characters, or if I don’t, I DNF the book–or just forget all about it.
- Lara Jean from To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before — I like these books, but LJ annoyed me. I could never put a finger on exactly what made her “not click” with me, but her narration always bothered me.
- Luna Lovegood from Harry Potter — Don’t kill me! I just never fell in love with her. I understand why she appeals to so many people, but she struck me as spazzy, and I felt like she got in the way a lot of the time.
- Lola from Lola and the Boy Next Door — Don’t get me wrong–I loved this book. But Lola was a bit too “out there” for me to every really understand her.
- Tariq from The Wrath and the Dawn — I blame a lack of backstory for my complete apathy toward Tariq. Seriously, he was annoying, and I was so in love with Khalid that I just wanted to bat Tariq and his stupid emotions out of the way.
- Shannon from Aces Up — Nope, I just hated this protagonist. She was ditsy and made awful life choices. (My full rant here.)
- Cameron from Going Bovine — As a rule, I love Libba Bray, but Cameron wasn’t a good protagonist for me. His slacker, DGAF character put me off when I tried to reread this book.
- Violet from Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea — God, this girl is annoying. It might just be that the entire book is heavy on the Instalove and light on strong plot elements, but Violet came off as shallow, flighty, and random for me.
- Anna from The Sweet Trilogy — This girl’s personality was all over the place–she’s the ultimate good girl, but she’s also a wild partier, and with a heavy religious streak even though she is literally part devil. I enjoyed the books but there was something off about her personality.
AHH! I give up. Honestly, I can’t think of any more. I guess this is a Top Eight.
Do our lists overlap? What characters didn’t click with you? Do you disagree with any of my choices?
Have a great Tuesday 🙂