Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and The Bookish.
- Libba Bray
- I LOVE Libba Bray. Everything she writes is incredible, diverse, and captivating. At this point, I don’t even read descriptions of her books before I buy them; I trust that I’ll love whatever story she decided to write this time.
- Patrick Ness
- I have yet to read a Patrick Ness book that didn’t amaze me. His understanding of human emotions and motivations is incredible, and the stories he creates are gripping and insightful.
- Megan Whalen Turner
- Her Queen’s Thief series is my favorite series EVER. I can’t count how many times I’ve reread those four books. If she ever published the rest of the series, I would shove people out of the way to buy it first. She has promised two more books to the series, but the fifth book has a practically blank Goodreads page. The fangirl angst is real.
- Brandon Sanderson
- Okay, so I haven’t read (or bought) everything that Brandon Sanderson has written. But I plan to. And when he publishes new books for the series of his that I have read, I will (of course) buy them. Very. Quickly. Because he is freaking talented.
- Maggie Stiefvater
- Like Sanderson, I haven’t read everything that she has written. Once I knew I loved her writing, I tried to read her first series (the Shiver one), but it didn’t grab me at all. However, all of her new books are amazing, and I will buy anything she publishes (once again, probably without looking at the plot at all).
- Elizabeth Wein
- Code Name Verity goes down as the best historical fiction I’ve ever read, and the most emotionally destructive book I’ve ever sobbed my way through. I haven’t read her other two books, but I own them, and I will read them, the next time I need a good cry.
- Ally Carter
- OMG I actually own every (YA) book that she has written. A literal auto-buy author, and I love all of her books. They are comfort food in the form of books, and I have read her Gallagher Girls series at least four times (and the earlier books at least 6 or 7 times).
- Stephanie Perkins
- I loved her Anna/Lola/Isla series, and if she publishes any other novels, I would pick them up, no question. Her contemporary style is magical.
- Naomi Novik
- I’ve fangirled over Uprooted a lot on this blog (the awestruck review here). I haven’t read her Temeraire series yet, but I own half of it (my sister is reading it currently).
- Kristen Cashore
- Kristen Cashore writes strong female characters like no one else. Her fantasy stories have complex plots, breathtaking romance, and powerful characters. I love her books so much, and I can’t wait for more books in the Graceling/Bitterblue/Fire series to come out.
Who are your auto-buy authors? Have you read any of these author’s books?