Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and The Bookish. Every week, they post a new Top Ten topic and other bloggers respond with their own lists. I take part in this meme when I have something to say for the topic and I remember what day it is.
The Meriam Webster definition of heroine is
1. a woman who is admired for great or brave acts or fine qualities
That being said, I’m focusing on female characters that I feel are emotionally, mentally, and–to some extent–physically strong. Characters that command the story they are in and grow throughout. Most of all, characters that I connected with as a reader–the kind of protagonist that I would befriend in a heartbeat if they were real.
In no particular order…
- Vin from Brandon Sanderson’s Mistborn Trilogy
- Cammie from Ally Carter’s Gallagher Girl Series
- Celaena from Sarah J. Maas’s Throne of Glass series
- Miriam Black from Chuck Wendig’s Blackbirds series
- Gemma Doyle from Libba Bray’s Gemma Doyle trilogy
- Puck from Maggie Stiefvater’s Scorpio Races
- Viola from Patrick Ness’s Chaos Walking trilogy
- Verity from Elizabeth Wein’s Code Name Verity
- Kat from Ally Carter’s Heist Society series
- Rose from Richelle Mead’s Vampire Academy series