In the beginning of the month I set myself some goals to reach in place of taking part in any of the NaMo events during November.
My goals were:
Post at least three times (hopefully four) a week on this blog.
Work on my novel, Devil May Care, to start a second draft.
Write in general!
Read at least six books this month (hopefully I’ll push past that to a nice round number of ten).
Lastly, I’d like to actually start taking It Matter to Us, the political blog I share with my twin, seriously. (five posts/month)
So…how did I do?
- Totally rocked this! I had 16 posts in total this month, with at least three ever week. I’m really proud of myself, because this month was crazy busy and I was worried I wouldn’t be able to keep up.
- I did work on my novel. Not a lot of actual writing (though that did happen briefly) but I got a TON of plotting done for a second draft. Most of all, I’m excited about writing again. I like the direction my plot is going and I can’t wait to get into the nitty gritty part of actually writing draft #2.
- I did write this month, though it was mostly poetry. I will post some of it here (and already have posted a few), and keep some of it for myself. I never used to write poetry, and though it is growing on me, I’m ready to get back to prose.
- It should be noted that I did not work on Hell and Styx’s stories, which I really meant to. So mission not entirely accomplished.
- I read seven books this month. Again, this month was crazy, so I impressed myself. All of them earned at least 4/5 stars, which is also good because it means I enjoyed myself. 😉
- I completely failed at this one. I wasn’t in the mood, never found the time, etc. It didn’t happen. Whoops.
Overall, I accomplished 4/5 of the goals I set for myself, so I’m happy. 🙂
How were your Novembers? Those of you who took part in the NaMos–how did you do?