I found this list of questions at The Literary Lollipop. On the off-chance that any of you want to know more about me, I thought I’d answer some of them.
I’ll to #1-25 here, and then #26-55 in part two.
1. Favorite childhood book? This is more middle grade, but I loved the Theodosia series (it’s a spinoff of Egyptian mythology).
2. What am I reading right now? I just finished a book, but I’m probably going to read book 2 of the Cahill Sister series, Star Cursed, next.
3. What books do you have on request at the library? I literally never go to the library.
4. Bad book habit? Probably getting food on my books if I eat while I read. Sorry
5. What do you currently have checked out from the library? Again, I don’t go to the library.
6. Do you have an e-reader? Yes, a Kindle Fire, but I never use it, because I prefer paper and it just isn’t practical to bring to school.
7. Do you prefer to read one book at a time, or several at once? One book at a time, definitely, though I sometimes have to read another one for school.
8. Have your reading habits changed since starting your blog? Not really, though I am trying to read faster to have consistent reviews.
9. Least favorite book I’ve read this year? We Were Liars by E. Lockhart.
10. Favorite book I’ve read this year? Probably The Hero of Ages, book three of the Mistborn series.
11. How often do you read out of your comfort zone? I pride myself in reading many times of books, but I almost never read nonfiction or “classics” unless my school makes me.
12. What is your reading comfort zone? Pretty much anything written for YA. I read most genres inside that age range, and sometimes NA or adult books too.
13. Can you read on the bus? I never ride the bus, but reading in the car makes me car sick (I still do it anyway).
14. Favorite place to read? This awesome chair I have in my living room that I can completely curl up in.
15. What is your policy on book lending? I lend books to my friends all the time. I get a little bummed if they don’t return it, but I feel bad asking them to buy it again.
16. Do you dogear your books? Never.
17. Do you write notes in the margins of your books? Never, that would be annotating, and I only do that for school.
18. Do you break/crack the spine of your books? Yeah. I don’t know how to prevent it. Plus, I kind of like the look of a really broken spine. I know the book has been read a ton of times, and was well loved.
19. What is your favorite language to read? I only know English, so yeah…English.
20. What makes you love a book? Characters. If they aren’t good, I don’t care about your plot.
21. What will inspire you to recommend a book? If I love the book, of course. Also, I like to think that I know my friends well enough to recommend books that they will personally like, instead of blanket recommendations to the masses.
22. Favorite genre? Probably YA fantasy, but sometimes contemporary romance.
23. Genre you rarely read but wish you did? I’d like to read more psycological thrillers, but I’m rarely in the mood for them. I think I’d be a better person if I read more classics, but I just can’t get into them unless school forces them on me.
24. Favorite biography? Have I read a biography? I don’t think I’ve read a biography.
25. Have you ever read a self-help book? And was it actually helpful? I’ve never read a self-help book.
The rest of the questions will be in part two tomorrow.